Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Ups and downs and ups again

    Last week I worked my butt off. Five days, eight hours a day doing nothing but hard labor. I was so tired, so wiped out, and almost a little loopy. I wasn't able to do any of my workouts either, it would have just been too much. During this week I had been really good (food wise) and was feeling pretty confidant about my eating goals, and then came the weekend and I failed miserably. Someone brought home a cheesecake and I ate the shit out of that thing. I couldn't help myself! Every single time I walked past the fridge I quietly snuck piece by piece until I had devoured many slices. That wasn't even it, I also ate nachos twice (for meals) but that's not near as bad as the cheesecake devil that kept calling to me. (This is sounding a bit like a confessional) So between the two I was terrified to step on the scale this morning, but much to my surprise I had lost 4 pounds! WTF right? I triple checked. I guess my week of working so hard trumps my weekend of cheesecake guilt. I can't help but think it would have been more if I hadn't of been such a puss. But I'll take my weight loss in anyway I can get it, even if it feels undeserved. Yes I'm being hard on myself, and yes I am aware I'll have days when my will power is shot. But I will still pout. For me it's about the roll, if I get on a good one that's great, but when that roll stops it takes more and more momentum to get it going again. So here's to getting back on my roll. My eating is back to the health conscious side, and I hit my hardcore class yesterday. I knew it would be a long road, but getting better with every fail, and that's what matters. I refuse to lose... wait that's not right. I refuse to GAIN!


1 comment:

  1. I read this book that stressed the importance of getting 10,000 steps a day wearing a pedometer, eating healthy and getting those steps. according to the book keeping active throughout the day is way better then busting your butt for an hour and being too tired to do anything for the rest of the day. So keep on keepin on! (I would totally eat the shit out of that cheesecake too.)

    ReplyDelete