Monday, March 18, 2013

Those days. NSM (Not safe for men)

    As a woman we all have those days. Today I missed my workout for that reason. Those days that no matter what you had planned your body decides to throw your emotions, energy, and comfort into a tailspin. I'll just say it. Your cycle. The unmentionable. Yet whenever group of women are together it's always mentioned. It varies for most women, some handle it's coming and goings with ease. Some hunker down cloaked in a pain that cannot be described in words. It's every little girls fear and anxiety to receive this gift of womanhood. You wait for it, almost excited for it to invite you into the club. Yet once received it becomes every woman's curse until menopause.  I cannot count the amount of plans that have been ruined. Camping trips, concerts, even both half marathons. I have spent years ignoring it's existence then letting it surprize me. Now at 33 I've finally smartened up. last year I downloaded and app for my Iphone called Period Tracker and It has made my life so much easier. With just a touch of the finger it makes planning trips, dates, and workout so much easier.


 I'm sure that a lot of women actually listened in 5th grade, when we were taught to keep our little calenders up to date and count out our 23 to 26 days to calculate. But being the natural born rebel that I was, I thought I was above it all. Not anymore. Thanks to technology not only can I play angry birds while I am crumpled over with cramps, and can input my monthly data and my phone will learn my cycles. It's awesome.

 For those of you that are still living in the 1800s my apologies for this post.  In my home it's not a secret. My boys know when I'm in pain and I don't lie to them. I explained it to them both years ago, and they are not disgusted, they know it's where life comes from. They are going to be great husbands with nothing but sweet sympathy for their wives someday. Just like my hub is for me. There is no shame ladies, we are baby making miracles and reminded of it monthly  Don't judge me for my honesty. I could have used detailed pictures you know. ;)


1 comment: