Tuesday, March 26, 2013

To beer or not to beer?

     Beer... Yay or nay? Back in the day it was a nay. I never really liked the taste of beer. I was more of a wine cooler or Zima kinda girl. (hangs head in shame) That was until I met my fiance and he introduced me to wheat beers. Now beer is a YAY! I really like golden ales, summer blends, and beer with hints of oranges or lemons. This last winter I've developed a passionate love of Blue Moon  ♥  It's crisp, refreshing, and so very delicious. You get the picture, if not here is a picture. Looks good right?
   
It's just so unfortunate that I developed a love for this beer while fighting a weight loss battle. It seems I have a terrible weakness for it. It doesn't have to be special occasion, it doesn't even have to be a weekend. Sunshine, a good mood, or even a hard days work will have me giving up on all of my goals. At 164 calories a beer and an average consumption of 4 to 5 maybe even 6 (don't judge me) that is a whopping 984 or so calories. Holy shit right? I know, and it all goes straight to my gut and butt. This beer calorie madness to stop. So some of my new goals this spring will be, to not give in to my beer temptations. To resist the urge to back deck lounge with a nice cold brew. To not sweet talk the hub into caving in with me. To make it a reward and not a hobby. ;) It will be harder come summer, but I am strong. Beerless and fearless will be the name of the game. Then maybe "once in a blue moon" I will earn myself a few beers. Guilt free and all the healthier for it. They say you are not suppose to reward yourself with things, but screw them. I will workout for beer!








No comments:

Post a Comment